Our goal is to find the purrfect match for our kittens and your family. The orphan rescue kittens in our care had a rough start -- but they experienced abundant love and nurturing during their stay with us. We look for furever homes that will love and care for them as much as we do.
Thank you for considering to adopt a Kitkat Playroom foster kitten! Please take a moment to read through our adoption process so you are aware and prepared for what is to come.
how to adopt
- Fall in love with a kitten or pair of kittens!
- Complete the online adoption application.
- If your application passes the first round, you will be contacted and invited for a meet & greet in Woodbury, NJ. This is an opportunity for your family to meet the kittens and for Kitkat Playroom to perform an in-person interview.
- You will be contacted and informed about the final status of your adoption application.
- If you are selected to adopt, you will need to wait until the kitten(s) are spayed/neutered in order to bring them home. This happens when they are at least 8 weeks AND 2lbs.
- All adopters must be 21 years or older. We may ask for proof of age.
- All adopters must live in pet-friendly housing. We must be able to verify permission with the property owner.
- Priority is given to applicants within 300 miles of Philadelphia, PA.
- Priority is given to applicants who want to adopt a pair of kittens.
- Applicants must complete the adoption application completely and honestly. Incomplete or inaccurate applications may result in disqualification.
- Kitkat Playroom does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age (when applicant is of minimum requirement), national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status.
WHAT TO EXPECT AFTER YOU APPLY
Kitkat Playroom is a very small, all-volunteer rescue. We receive far too many adoption inquiries and applications to respond immediately. Please understand that we do our best to balance caring for the kittens while also searching for homes. Once you submit an adoption application, it may take up to 3-4 weeks for us to respond. We accept early applications, but do not always process them immediately.
If you have any questions in the meantime, or if your question was not answered here, feel free to email us at email@example.com.