Our goal is to find the purrfect match for our kittens and your family. The orphan rescue kittens in our care had a rough start -- but they experienced abundant love and nurturing during their stay with us. We look for furever homes that will love and care for them as much as we do.
Thank you for considering to adopt a Kitkat Playroom foster kitten! Please take a moment to read through our adoption process so you are aware and prepared for what is to come.
how to adopt
- Fall in love with a kitten or pair of kittens! Learn about our adoptables.
- Complete the online adoption application.
- If you have a second choice, please specify that in your application.
- Read the section below: "What to Expect After You Apply"
- If you are selected to adopt, you will need to wait until the kitten(s) are spayed/neutered in order to bring them home. This happens when they are at least 8 weeks AND 2lbs.
- All adopters must be 21 years or older. We may ask for proof of age.
- All adopters must live in pet-friendly housing. We must be able to verify permission with the property owner.
- Priority is given to applicants within 300 miles of Philadelphia, PA.
- When adopting a kitten, applicants must adopt a pair or have at least one playful, young kitty at home.
- Applicants must complete the adoption application completely and honestly. Incomplete or inaccurate applications may result in disqualification.
- Kitkat Playroom does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age (when applicant is of minimum requirement), national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status.
WHAT TO EXPECT AFTER YOU APPLY
Kitkat Playroom is a very small, all-volunteer rescue. We receive far too many adoption inquiries and applications to respond immediately or to every applicant. Please understand that we do our best to balance caring for the kittens while also searching for homes.
Once you submit an adoption application, you will see a confirmation page. If you do not see a confirmation page, there was an error submitting your application. Check the application for any errors, fix them, and submit again.
If your adoption application is denied, we will not disclose the reason why. If another adopter is selected for the kitten you want, it does not necessarily mean that you were denied to adopt from Kitkat Playroom. We do our best to place each kitkat in our care with the home best suited for them.
Due to the high volume of adoption applications we receive, you may not be contacted if your application is denied or if another adopter is chosen.
If you are approved to adopt, you will be contacted. Our goal is to process applications and make a decision within 1-2 weeks from the time we open the application period.
We do not approve based on a first-come, first-serve basis -- so, please, take the time to thoroughly complete the application with quality answers.
If you have any questions in the meantime, or if your question was not answered here, feel free to email us at email@example.com.